ULTRA TRAIL-RUNNING IN MADAGASCAR
An annual sport event based on 3 core ideas:
- Sport Challenge: 150km in 6 days
- Tourism discovery: A race which leads you among the most beautiful landscapes in Madagascar
- Sport Solidarity: Your entry allows the participation of Malagasy athletes, thanks to our partnership with the Malagasy Athletics Federation
The Event: 2nd Edition
It is a half-sufficiency race; runners must carry what they want to eat and drink on each racing day, but can temporarily give their luggage and personal belongings to the organization to watch over. Assistance during race times are not allowed. Checkpoint and water refill are available on each stage. Racing Madagascar is a qualifying race for UTMB 2018 , and we are member of ITRA (international trail running association).
From July 9th to 14th – 150kms Spread Over 6 Days
- Tuesday 11: 20 km, 647D+; 755D-, time limit 06.00 hrs.
- Wednesday 12: 20 km; 179 D+; 499 D-; time limit 08.30 hrs.
- Thursday 13: 27 km; 354 D+; 353 D-; time limit 09.00 hrs.
- Friday 14: 42 km; 454 D+; 470 D-; time limit 11.00 hrs.
- Saturday 15: 28 km; 164 D+; 172 D-; time limit 09.30 hrs.
- Sunday 16: 10 km; 0 D+; 0 D-; time limit 02.00 hrs.
« Trail-Travel » Makes Sense Here
Dedicated supporter package: Supporters willing to share the race “emotions” (camps, start and finish lines) while visiting incredible tourism sites in a 4x4 vehicle with driver/guide. Diego Suarez region is full of discoveries: wild beaches, paradise bays, emerald seas, red tsingy or grey tsingy, volcanic landscapes and baobabs… without mentioning the lemurs and chameleons from Madagascar.
Camps: Camps are comfortable and located in amazing surroundings. We use tents with 4-people capacity for 2 actual people. We have at our disposal bush toilets, camping showers, electrical power engines and a “real cuisine” (hot meals in the evening). Everything is made to join the effort of the race with the comfort in the camps.
Rates for 2017’s edition
- € 1500 for runners: full board meal plan and accommodation in the camps + 1 night before/after the race; flights not included.
- € 1150 for supporters: same package but with 4x4 tours and guide.